Monday, January 19, 2009

The last two nights

01/18/09
For our second night of observing, we didn't have the greatest of skies. It was clear when we opened at around 6:00 but as the evening went on, it got more and more hazy. Eventually we had too much haze and clouds that observing became impossible. Although we had less than great skies, a bunch of us were able to image objects in the sky. I imaged the small globular cluster NGC2158 which is next to a very large cluster M35. The images look really neat and I can't wait to stack all of them! Everyone else had great images too. I really liked the objects Joe and Dave imaged, although I don't remember their specific catalog numbers! When we closed up the dome, we went down to the dormitory and watch "Grandma's Boy" which was really funny.

01/19/09
Sadly, today is our final day imaging. In the beginning we had a lot of clouds and haze but it seems like the sky is definitely clearing up. Just like last night we get to image objects again due to the sky. I changed my object and tonight I took 6 one minute exposures (three in blue and three in red) of a portion of the Fox Fur Nebula. I'm even more excited to stack these images! Hopefully the skies stay decent like they have been so far tonight so that everyone gets to take great images!

No comments:

Post a Comment