Monday, January 19, 2009

1-16

On Friday the main deal was hiking in Saguaro National Park. It's fun going on the crazy road that we already travelled on Monday. I like looking at the saguaros, but they're not freaky 10 armed ones like at the archaeological site. At the visitor center, we watched a short video that ended dramatically by showing us a window to the outside. I was impressed. We walked around randomly to prepare for the hike, and then we drove out to the start of the trail. There were two different paths, one facile and one difficile. Erin, Mark, and biffy took the easy one, but oh man it wasn't really easy. The first challenge was finding the trail. We failed this by going up a wash instead. Eventually we turned around and found the actual trail: the Huge Norris. We picniced for a bit then continued. I climbed on a bunch of things because it's fun. I picked up a small cactus on my shoe, and later I accidentally deposited upon the shoulder of Mark. Sorry. After standing on a cactus, I got spines in my shoe for some reason. My friend Erin consoled me as I removed them. Mark got some butt spines, and Isa rolled her ankle. We easiers believed the wash to be a more fun walk than the Norris. We stopped at a gas station, and I got a vault energy soda (it's pretty good.) We went home and showered, and I played a bit of pinball. My hi score of 10.9 million made Adam and Dave jealous. Later we decided to go out for dinner and pool, but sadly we couldn't find parking. We mostly didn't know where the hell we were, and Joe is a crazy driver. I screamed once during the trip. We went and got aloe for Caitlin and Subway for everyone. Erin wanted to go to Sonic, but nobody cared. Back at the hotel we ate sandwiches, then we all meditated. I had very little sleep last night, mostly due to a guitar playing child upstairs. He had no style.

1 comment:

  1. Not true, I cared that erin wanted sonic. But that desire shall be met soon.

    ReplyDelete