Monday, January 19, 2009

The Final Day

Jan 19th

Today was a Very simple day...got up, walked, observed :P

I got out of bed around 10/11. The last hour or so just lying there b.c I didnt want to get out of bed/move :P Bugged Mark/Dahl a bit b.c no one really up and didnt want to wake Brad in the living room. After I found out Brad was up, I got some food.

People were getting up slowly but no one was really paying attention. I dont remember when, but we all headed up to the observatory. We set everything up and to the control room we went. The Vomit Comet people had a meeting so myself/D.A/Mark/Adam all took a walk.

We took the same path we did the first day but went further up it. Mark and I were lagging behind but we noticed a small clearing up the hill in the woods. We seperated and headed up that hill. We had to fight a bit of the sliding snow but made it up there. WOW! What a View it had! Now, this is where it gets fun :D There was only about 2 ways down, 1) Go down the Really steep hill straight down to path Or 2) Back track and go the easier/safer way. Well, Mark decided to go Straight down...Ok...lets do it. I went first but I controlled myself by digging my heels into the snow...he just slid down, Almost falling on his face into a pile of snow :P We trudged a bit more down the road until about the towers.

I was arguing they went down the road, he argued they went to towers ssoo we went to towers *cough*, was wrong :P That was a good thing though b.c it was the same idea as last time, easy or steep. Took steep again, I wanted to this time :D Oh, it was a Blast! I put down my coat, I was Roasting, and it was somehow bumped. I watched it slide Perfectly down the hill and I thought, that looks like Fun :D So I started to slide down snow board style. That got old so tried going straight down/toes pointing foreward, Much Better :D I dont know How many times I did this. Each time I had to climb up the hill on all fours, digging fingers/toes into the snow/hillside.

We eventually continued on and met up with D.A and Adam. We took the walk back and ate/relaxed a bit. Been observing ever since. The weather is Much better today and we were allowed to retake pictures of our images from yesterday. The clearer skies showed a Lot more than expected. That didnt last long though and now we are doing what we were intended to do. The clear skies should keep up and with about a 0.0 wind speed with about a 0 Azmuth....I Think we are good :P

1 comment: