Sunday, January 18, 2009

1/17 Kuiper Day 1

Was locked out of dome by Adam.
Trapped outside in cold on catwalk w/ pretty stars.
Afraid of bears.
Please send help… and food… and interwebz.

Very sleepy.
A ten hour nap would be pleasant.
Looking forward to fresh mountain pine scented air tomorrow.

Observations are going well. Telescope and systems are performing fabulously.

It is very warm in the control room, so I sat out on the catwalk for a while to take a look at the stars. I saw more than a dozen meteors... mostly quick green flashes, but one large orange fireball. It's nice and quiet up here. I'm still afraid of bears and mountain lions/cougars/pumas... and accidentally eating a spider in my sleep. I'm sure no one will be seriously mauled on the trip.

I really do not know how much longer I can stay awake... four hours till sleepin' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment